The birth could not have gone better! I attribute the smooth, relatively quick birth (active labour 4.5 hours) to the focus and breathing techniques in the program. — Elissa
HypnoBirthing at the Midwife Alliance Clinic, 166 The Queensway
TUES May 8 – June 12 or
TUES July 8 – Aug 14
HypnoBirthing at 159 Withrow Ave
Thurs July 12 – Aug 16, 2018
To register please send class dates, payment and the following information to
Midwife or Doctor
Benny is the most calm, sweet, happy baby – everyone we meet remarks on it – and we swear at least part of it has to do with how much meditation/HypnoBirthing was a part of my pregnancy experience. – Erin
The Mongan Method
Great for first time parents and for those who have given birth before!
Five weekly classes of 2½ hours each.
About the HypnoBirthing® classes
These classes are suitable for all expectant parents and their support persons, whether they plan to birth with a doctor or midwife, at home, birth centre or in hospital. Some women attend on their own.
Join others in a series of inspiring and empowering prenatal classes.
- Experience proven breathing, relaxation and visualization techniques.
- Learn how to guide and support your partner during the birth process.
- Watch videos of women birthing using hypnosis.
- Cover the same content as standard prenatal classes: what your body does in labour, when to go to the hospital or call your midwife, other comfort techniques and when to use medical assistance.
We simply cannot thank you enough for everything that we have learnt through HypnoBirthing®. We had such an incredible experience and feel so close and bonded. — Andrea
- Look forward to your birth with calm and confidence.
- Trust your body to open perfectly for the birth of your baby.
- Let go of negative messages about birth.
- Relax deeply in labour.
- Work in harmony with your partner, relaxing to his/her touch and voice.
- Birth your baby into an atmosphere of calm and peace.
- Have the fearless birth that you, and your baby, want.
Studies have found that women using hypnosis in labour experience:
Why choose a 5 session course?
Self-hypnosis and deep relaxation are very effective techniques. They are acquired skills that need to be learned gradually and practised between sessions. This ensures that you have the time to develop the conditioned responses that make HypnoBirthing® The Mongan Method so successful. There is no short cut, and this why we teach our course over 5 sessions.
Recordings are provided to practice hypnosis at home. You’ll also receive scripts for your partner to read to you. Practice is key to relaxing your mind and body for the natural birth of your baby.
You may begin classes as early as your second trimester. Others finish their classes very close to their due date. Choose the timing that works best for you.
Registration Fee: $350 per couple + HST $45.50 = $395.50
Sign Up for the HypnoBirthing® Series Classes
Since I first got pregnant, I was terrified of birth. However, when it actually came to experiencing birth, I was never afraid. I attribute all of this to HypnoBirthing®. — Mary